When COVID-19 vaccination began in the U.S., 1 in 5 people weren’t sure if they’d get the vaccine. Verywell has been tracking how Americans feel about the vaccine since December, and over time, we’ve learned that the biggest thing that helps tip someone in the direction of getting the shot is knowing someone who already has.
We had a great session with Matt Brett from UBS reviewing the economic impact of COVID-19 during 2020, some future economic trends and retirement investment strategies to consider. Additionally, Ruben Martinez from Principal provided a valuable orientation to the Principal 401k phone app and Principal website. The link to the afternoon session recording is below.
- Infection, hospitalization, and mortality rates fell last week for the first time in months.
- With the rapid spread of new viral variants, however, the U.S. may see surges in the months ahead.
- Public health experts say wearing masks, social distancing, and vaccines are the best tools to continue driving down rates of infection and death.
Atlas, our ERP software where you enter your timesheet and expense sheet, is changing on February 19 to Deltek Vantagepoint!
The week of February 14, your timesheet and expense sheet will be due at midnight, Thursday, February 18. You will need to estimate your Friday and Saturday time and include this on your timesheet when you submit. Be sure to communicate to your department admin staff by Saturday’s deadline if you need to adjust the hours that you estimated for Friday and Saturday. PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU OVER OR UNDERESTIMATED YOUR TIME, the change will be included on your March 12 paycheck.
Suzy Morris will be offering Vantagepoint Timesheet & Expense sheet training sessions and will be sending out TEAMS meeting invitations.
February 9 – 1:00 PM CDT
February 16 – 9:00 AM CDT
February 24 – 7:00 AM CDT
Below is a link to a training video for timesheet and expense sheet entry for you to watch. The video will provide you with an idea of how the software looks different, but the entry is very similar. Because testing is ongoing, you will not have access to the testing database at this time. I have also attached training documents for the timesheet and expense sheet.
Please take time to watch the video to become familiar with it, read the handouts, and/or attend one of Suzy’s training sessions so you are ready for the migration to Vantagepoint on February 19.
United States COVID-19 Cases and Deaths by State
Maps, charts, and data provided by the CDC, updated daily by 8 pm ET†
See the data tracker here.
- According to the CDC, there is no evidence that suggests that COVID-19 can be spread through the handling or consumption of food.
- Because COVID-19 is an enveloped virus, the virus will die outside of the body, making the transmission of COVID-19 through food highly unlikely.
- It’s best to avoid indoor dining, prepare your food at home, and wash your hands and produce.
Verywell surveyed 1,000 Americans to learn what’s driving vaccine decisions
- Severe allergic reactions to the currently-authorized COVID-19 vaccines are rare.
- People who have had a previous severe allergic reaction to a vaccine should wait 30 minutes at the vaccine clinic after getting a vaccine. That way, if a reaction does occur, it can be treated immediately.
Our ERP software where you enter your time and expense is going to a new platform on February 19, 2021, meaning it is going to look different, but work very similar to what we are using today.
This email is to give you a timeline and requirements for the week of February 14 and more information will follow that will include training opportunities, training videos, and training documents.
Normal timesheet and expense sheet submittal is Saturday at midnight and midnight of the last day of the month, BUT the week of February 14, your timesheet and expense sheet are due on February 18 at midnight. You will need to estimate your Friday and Saturday time and include this on your timesheet when you submit by midnight on February 18.
Admin staff- timesheets need to be processed and approved by 2 PM on February 19 and expense sheets will need to be processed and first approval done by 3 PM.
Please watch for any future emails from me for more information as we get closer to our GO LIVE date of our new Deltek ERP software, Vantagepoint.